NGO Accounting Job Vacancy in Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Hiring Organization: International Potato Centre (CIP)
Job title: ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Grade: HG 12
Minimum Monthly Base Salary: Birr 26,649 (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
The International Potato Centre (CIP) under the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Accountant Assistant who will manage bank and cash payments, facilitates procurement of goods and services, validates finance supporting documents, responsible for uploading and filling finance documents.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of payments, their authorization and codes expenditure in accordance with the approved budget, donor and CIP rules;
- Assist in preparation of cash forecast and advance requests for CIP Addis and project offices;
- Responsible for timely payment of travel claims, utilities, material purchase, office suppliers and sub grantees;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports and other reports as required;
- Support the validating and completeness of financial and contractual documents and recording transactions in the system;
- Support with the follow up of payments on behalf of subgrantees at the region, advance payments and timely liquidation of advances;
- Assist with regional project offices finance issues and partners and subgrantees as may be requested;
- Support both statutory and donor audits and respond to audit queries;
- Support the management of payments from bank account, handle petty cash collections and payments and update the register;
- Upload finance documents on the share point;
- Facilitate the procurement of goods and services as per laid down procedures;
- Ensure that the contracts for office and other services are renewed on time;
- Maintain an updated database for the fixed assets and supplies as applicable;
- Support the Admin assistant in monitoring vehicle movement for Addis Ababa and the regions and submit vehicle mileage reports;
- Performs other duties as required.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Minimum BA degree in accounting and finance Or
- Diploma in accounting and finance
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting Or
Diploma in relevant field with five years of relevant experience preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience in accounting software packages and techniques
- Fluent in the official language according to country location.
- Advanced level in English.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Accounting software packages.
- Knowledge in Statistical methods and analysis
- Knowledge in Audit and Taxation
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: AA/CIP/05/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter.
All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal:- https://ilri.simplicant.com/jobs/44000-accountant-assistant/detail
on or before 18 April 2021.
To find more about CIP, visit our Website at http://www.cip.cgiar.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
CIP is a non-benefit global rural examination for-improvement association with an emphasis on potato, sweetpotato and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is: Roots and tubers working on the existences of poor people. CIP is devoted to accomplishing food security, further developed prosperity, and orientation value for destitute individuals in root and tuber cultivating and food frameworks of the creating scene. CIP works with accomplices to contribute top notch science, innovation, and limit fortifying for economical science-based arrangements. CIP is settled in Lima, Peru, with staff and exercises in more than 30 areas across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is an individual from the CGIAR Consortium. CGIAR is a worldwide horticulture research organization for a food secure future. Its science is completed by the 15 exploration communities that are individuals from the CGIAR Consortium in a joint effort with many accomplice associations.