NGO Job Vacancy in Ethiopia 2022
EUROPEAN COOPERATIVE FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT HIRING
European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. EUCORD is invites job seekers for appointment.
The European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) is a Brussels-based non-profit organization incorporated under Dutch Cooperative Law since 2003. EUCORD’s mission is to increase farmers’ capacity to sustainably grow quality crops matched to the commercial needs of the agribusiness sector and in doing so, increase food security, develop the private sector and improve the livelihoods of rural communities.
The Finance & Admin Assistant will be responsible for the effective financial and Admin support to the EUCORD Ethiopia office. The finance & Admin assistant basically support the accounting and administrative tasks under the admin and finance team. It is a temporarily position with possibility of extension based on performance.
Quick Details of EUCORD
- Hiring Organization: European Cooperative for Rural Development
- Organization Type:privet
- Organization Size: 100+ employees
- Headquarters: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Official Website: www. eucord.org
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Duties and Responsibilities
- S/he has to assist the project accountant.
- Following up of the financial documents work advance settlements from field offices
- Review, summarizing and coding of the financial settlements/documents
- Financial documents/folders arrangements.
- Following up of monthly Vehicles’/Motorcycles’ log sheets and staff Time sheets from filed staff.
- Assist the Project Accountant in scanning monthly financial Vouchers, rename and saving in a folder
- S/he has to prepare taxes (Payroll tax, Pension, WHT and Purchase) and declare payments to the tax office (Ministry of Revenue)
- Transfer operational work advances and other payments and receive slips from Bank.
- Ensuring office resources are maintained in safe working condition;
- S/he has to do the compilation entry and posting monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Facilitating all emergency arrangements and activities;
- S/he Attend to other tasks as may be assigned by the project accountant and project leader
Type of employment: six months contract with possibility of extension
Report to: Project Accountant
Education and Qualifications
- The candidate should have a Diploma with 2 years of work experience /BA in Accounting and zero years of work experience.
- The candidate should be very proficient in computer skills and use Mss Office (Excel, word…)
- As it is the job of an accountant knowledge and proficiency of finance and accounting principles is very necessary.
- Preferably NGO experience is an advantage
Skills and other requirements
- The attention power for the detailed work and accuracy in accounting procedures.
- Good planner and organizer.
- Skills of good writing and spoken English and Ahmaric language. Afan Oromo is additional asset but not a mandatory. .
- Very good in scheduling and monitoring skills.
- The ability to work in a team and relating well with other staff members.
- Preference will be given to female applicants
How to Apply
Applications submitted after 18th of Feb. 2022 are not accepted
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, a detailed CV, names of at least three (3) referees.
Interested candidates should also clearly state their current and expected remuneration. Applications shall be submitted to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org